Paris Fashion Week Favourites


I am in love with the beautiful collection by Raf Simmons for Christian Dior SS16. Next spring, will be a total dream, with everyone delicate, scalloped organza. The collection had exactly what you would expect for the brighter months but had some bold contrasting elements too! 



Looking through the SS16 collections there is a clear trend of combining wearability with creative theatre. I think that Alber Elbaz has got this down to a T. This Lanvin collection is young and dynamic and will appeal to a younger demographic. 


Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/fashion/550632/christian-dior-ss16-collection-fashion-pictures.html#J95ZK8LGPWiRpoaA.99
Rick Owens is know for his risky and wild shows that and I love the message that his latest creations convey. The objectification of people. It reminded me of  the controversial work of sculptor Allen Jones, the British pop artist who famously made furniture resembling the bodies of women. Women wearing women like backpacks was very emotive and thought provoking. The collection didn't strike me something I would wear however I loved it because of it's message.


Out of all of the collections I think SS.16 Chloe has to be the one I like most. It's unique festival vibe combined with the clearly casuals inspired track jackets worked surprisingly well. It reminded me of my summers at festivals. It is as though the British rave scene was given a touch of Parisian elegance by Chloé. I could definitely see how this would be translated into high-street styles.  



I think that the Balmain show was beautiful. It was classy and womanly and with Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn taking to the catwalk, while Kris Jenner and Gigi’s boyfriend Joe Jonas watched on from the FROW it was not one to miss!
The colours were bold and the shapes and designs had almost an amour feel about them.  
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/fashion/550625/kendall-jenner-and-gigi-hadid-walk-in-the-balmain-ss16-fashion-show-collection-in-pictures.html#JCwoWgg0YwoxayLQ.99


1 comments:

  1. Great article, love your sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete