TREND: Little Mermaid.

In November 2014, my favourite Disney film of all time- The Little Mermaid celebrated a 25th birthday. This summer mermaids have been seen all over the high street. This lead me to wonder was it somehow the popularity of this film 25 years ago that has lead to the explosion of mermaid loving over this past year? 


It is everywhere! There was evidence of this trend on the catwalk with 
the spring collection from Rodarte. "We wanted to explore this idea of underwater worlds,” said Kate to Vogue’Hamish Bowles. But in typical Rodarte style, the sisters (Kate &  Laura Mulleavy)  found beautiful ways of suggesting the submarine: including tangled fishnet dresses, barnacle-effect sequins, and anemone hems along knits. 



But, you must have been living under a shell if you haven't noticed this trend all over the high street this summer.


This trend has allowed me to hold on to that hope that when I venture into the see this summer my feet will bind together and magically turn into a beautiful green fin, and my bra will be replaced with a shell upgrade.  

Failing that I could also attend L.A. Mermaid School, which is run by entertainment company, Sheroes Entertainment and is offering lessons for mermaid or mermen training on June 27 and July 11 in Venice

0 comments:

Post a Comment