Whats In My Make Up Bag? Tag!

I thought I would give one of these "tags" a whirl! I must say I have quite a boring make-up regime, I can never seem to achieve the "look" from make-up tutorials and despite my Mum being a beautician, at Sabiha Beauty (interview to follow soon), I never seem to pick up on her amazing make-up skills.



Ever since I was a pre-teen, I can always remember my Mum's good advice telling me to "cleanse, tone and moisturise every day" and "remove make-up before sleeping". 

I try my best to abide by this advice (sometimes when I have had one too many, I forget and wake up with black smudges all over my pillow case-no hiding the evidence!)



The first product that I carry round with me and apply before putting on any sort of make-up is my Simple "Replenishing Rich Moisturiser". I just smooth gently into my face and neck using upward and outward movements after I shower. It is really cheap and I feel it works for me. 


Rimmel BB Cream is a new addition to my make-up bag. I was a little sceptical at first about using this instead of a foundation, however after application, I feel that it is a brilliant, lighter alternative. It provides light- mid coverage. When applied on top of my moisturiser, it gives a really nice level of moisture without my oil prone areas breaking out. Priced at around £6.50 it is one of the more reasonable BB creams on the high street. The SPF 25 is an added bonus, I wore it in Rome and it was perfect as a normal foundation is just too much in the heat.  


Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation- 200 Soft Beige, is the foundation that I swear by. It gives me perfect coverage and is just the right shade for my skin. When I am going on a big night out I sometimes wear this on top of a thin layer of the BB Cream for maximum coverage and that more "perfect skin" look. I apply it with The Bodyshop Foundation Brush, it gives a flawless finish and is super soft. I feel it provides a very professional finish. 


I usually use a Rimmel pressed powder, but I recently bought this Natural Collection one as it was very, very cheap and as a student sometimes you have to scrimp a little! I was so happy with the lasting result and amazing matt finish it left on-top of both the BB Cream and the Foundation. I applied with The Bodyshop Powder Brush which allows for an even flawless finish. 


This Natural Collection Blusher came just as cheap as the above pressed powder, so I just couldn't say "No". It is a very light pink and so works well for me as I already have quite rosy skin. It lasted really well and for the price of less than £3.00 I can't complain!  


 I apply a very limited amount of The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder with the The Body Shop Bronzing Brush. I always worried about looking "tangoed" but I think this one is just the right tone for my skin.  



To finish off on my face, I apply Benefit High-Beam.It is a great highlighter that lasts ages as you only need a tiny bit each time. I apply it to my cheek and brow bones to highlight and brighten things up. 



I only recently started using an eyebrow pencil and seeing as a lot of my make-up is Rimmel, I decided to give this one a go. It is a little lighter than my natural eye-brows but the brush on the end is really good for blending it in, resulting in natural looking eye brows. 



I use this Bodyshop eyeshadow Brush to apply the Bodyshop eyeshadow. I use this product both during the day and into the night as it is quite light and subtile if you only apply a little bit, but you can layer it for a darker look.


I know this eyeliner isn't great! It seems to end up all over my eyelids, but I just have no idea what other one to choose! There are so many out there but I never get round to exploring so end up picking up this MUA one for £1 in Superdurg every time! I don't recommend it really but it is alright when you have make-up setting spray on. 


I thought I would try this Rimmel Scandaleyes Extreme Black mascara, however I do prefer the one that I had before that was just the standard Scandaleyes product (all orange tube). I find this product to be quite thick and so causes my lashes to clump together! 



1 comments:

  1. Love love this blog katie and nice to see you took my advise on skincare, yes you are in need of a new eyeliner and dont keep mascara for too long as this is not good either. I am liking whats in your make up bag :-)

    ReplyDelete