Adidas Originals X Mary Katrantzou


Yet another collaboration to announce people!
Greek born, London biased fashion designer Mary Katrantzou is going to be collaborating with German sportswear brand Adidas. The collection that is to be launched in November and will be focused on womenswear, including both clothing and footwear!
Katrantzou, who graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art said, "I'm really excited to be working with Adidas on a line of apparel and footwear...I grew up, like so many other kids around the world, wearing Adidas sneakers and I'm really excited about bringing my vision to such a global brand. They have a fantastic heritage and their ability to innovate in sportswear makes them the perfect partner for us to work with in this market."
Adidas have really taken to collaborating in order to add another more "high fashion"  dimension to their brand.Katrantzou follows in the footsteps of Topshop, Pharrell Williams (who was announced just last week),Raf Simons and Stella McCartney by joining up with Adidas. 
This is something that Dirk Schoenberger,global creative director of Adidas's sport style division, is  very excited about and supports. He said "I admire Mary's extraordinary sense of printing techniques, colours and silhouette that will bring another amazing new aesthetic to the Adidas Originals women's collection."
A-listers, such as Anne Hathaway and Lily Collins have worn the designers creations on the red carpet, but the four-figure price tags mean that to many of us, they are just something to admire from the pages of our glossies! There has been no pricing for the collection released but I am sure that they will be more accessible.  
 I am looking forward to seeing the result of this collaboration, however as I have expressed previously, I have my reservations.   Adidas Originals brand which is known and loved for providing heritage apparel and I am not sure that the collaborations will appeal to those who buy into the brand values.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting, I'm obsessed with Adidas at the moment! I love your blog by the way :) x

    http://in-my-fashion-pocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank you so much!! Are you on blog lovin? xx

    ReplyDelete