INTERVIEW: Ramario Chevoy

While working on a street style brief for my Fashion Promotion and Communication course,I was fortunate enough to meet 23 year old, Ramario Chevoy face of Hyena, while he was working in one of the best vintage shops in Nottingham- Cow.

 I fell in love with his outfit and so asked if I could photograph him for the project there and then- Cow Man.

As a result, I started following his blog : ramariosayslistenbitch and Instagram :@ramariochevoy and was continually inspired by the amazing array of outfits that I witnessed on a daily basis- I had to find out more, so I asked if I could have an interview with the model/dancer/dance teacher/blogger/vintage store sales assistant-(Is there anything he cant do?)


Q&A

Q.Did you go to university ?
A.No,I didn't go uni. I auditioned and got in, but decided not to go. I went college and studied dance for three years- that was ballet, contemporary and jazz outside of that I just danced at home and was in a number of various dance crews we done shows a competitions in street dance.

Q.Who do you teach dance?  
A.I teach dance to a group of seven girls who are in a dance group called Joining Forces they range from ages 14-20 and I've been teaching them for just over 2 years now.


Q.Do you remember when you first fell in love with fashion? 
A.Erm, no I can't remember when I first fell in love with fashion but I would say I've started to really take it seriously over the past year or so.

Q. Who do you model for?
A.I'm a freelance model so I model for any brand that approaches me as long as I like their clothing but the main brand that I model for which I'm the face of is Hyena clothing.

Q.You have worked in Cow in Nottingham for over two years now, what is the best thing you have ever bought from the store? 
A.I love working their it's a really good company to work for. I would have to say the best thing I've ever purchased from Cow Nottingham would have to be my black and gold Versace belt it was such a rare find and it's stunning.


Q.How would you describe your style?
A.I would say that my style is eclectic as I don't stick to one style. One day I could look very classy the next I could look grungy/gothic just depends on how I'm feeling on that day.


Q. Who inspires your style today? 
A.Some people who inspire my style would be: Grace Jones, Andre 3000, Zebra Katz, Pharrell Williams, ASAP Rocky, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Nicki Minaj, Michael Jackson, Kanye West, Missy Elliott, Solange Knowles, M.I.A and Azealia Banks that's just to name a few.


Q. Do you have any fashion mantras?
A.I would say fashion is what you make it. it's not what you wear but how you wear it don't be scared to mix primark with versace. Don't be scared to experiment and the main one is fashion should be FUN!.


Q.What is the best piece of style advice you have ever received? 
 A.The best piece of fashion advise i have ever received is to keep being me and don't change for anyone.

Q.What is your favourite outfit? 
A.I would have to say one of my favourite outfits would have to be the one I wore for London fashion week just gone which was all black fur trousers and top with a all black fur coat and Agyness Deyn Dr.martens.










0 comments:

Post a Comment